- Title Pages
- List of tables, figures, maps and plates
- Notes on contributors
- Foreword: Beyond the shadow state?
- One Contemporary landscapes of welfare: the ‘voluntary turn’?
- Two A ‘new institutional fix’? The ‘community turn’ and the changing role of the voluntary sector
- Three Renewal or relocation? Social welfare, voluntarism and the city
- Four Voluntarism and new forms of governance in rural communities
- Five New times, new relationships: mental health, primary care and public health in New Zealand
- Six Informal and voluntary care in Canada: caught in the Act?
- Seven Competition, adaptation and resistance: (re)forming health organisations in New Zealand’s third sector
- Eight The difference of voluntarism: the place of voluntary sector care homes for older Jewish people in the United Kingdom
- Nine Values, practices and strategic divestment: Christian social service organisations in New Zealand
- Ten Faith-based organisations and welfare provision in Northern Ireland and North America: whose agenda?
- Eleven Government restructuring and settlement agencies in Vancouver: bringing advocacy back in<sup>1</sup>
- Twelve Developing voluntary community spaces and Ethnicity in Sydney, Australia
- Thirteen The voluntary spaces of charity shops: workplaces or domestic spaces?
- Fourteen The changing landscape of voluntary sector counselling in Scotland
- Fifteen Volunteering, geography and welfare: a multilevel investigation of geographical variations in voluntary action
- Sixteen Reflections on landscapes of voluntarism
- Landscapes of voluntarism
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.