- Title Pages
- About the author
- One Conservatism, the ‘modern’ Conservative Party and the welfare state
- Two From war to peace: the Conservatives and the welfare state in the 1940s
- Three Towards a One Nation Conservative welfare state? The Conservatives and the welfare state, 1950-64
- Four The Heath ‘interregnum’
- Five The Conservative (counter-) revolution
- Six Progressive neo-liberal Conservatism and the welfare state, 2005-15
- Epilogue The Conservative Party and the welfare state
- Appendix Selected ministerial posts in Conservative or Conservative-led governments, 1940-2015
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.