- Title Pages
- List of photos, figures and tables
- About the authors
- Glossary of terms
- 1 Introduction: Welcome to Valdemingómez
- 2 Politics, ‘democracy’ and the ideology of the postmodern city
- 3 Madrid: History, social processes and the growth in inequality
- 4 Drugs, cultural change and drug markets
- 5 Journeys to dependence
- 6 Life in the city shadows: Work, identity and social status
- 7 The council, police and health services: An impasse to solutions
- 8 Post dependency: What next?
- 9 Not really the conclusion
- 10 Epilogue
- Dead-End Lives
Rubén Monge Gamero
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.