- Title Pages
- List of abbreviations
- Notes on contributors
- Foreword: thinking beyond the ideal
- The Ideal Victim
- One The ideal victim through other(s’) eyes
- Two Creating ideal victims in hate crime policy
- Three The lived experiences of veiled Muslim women as ‘undeserving’ victims of Islamophobia
- Four Being ‘ideal’ or falling short? The legitimacy of lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender victims of domestic violence and hate crime
- Five New victimisations: female sex worker hate crime and the ‘ideal victim’
- Six The ‘ideal migrant victim’ in human rights courts: between vulnerability and otherness
- Seven ‘Our most precious possession of all’<sup>1</sup>: the survivor of non-recent childhood sexual abuse as the ideal victim?
- Eight ‘Idealising’ domestic violence victims
- Nine Environmental crime, victimisation, and the ideal victim
- Ten Revisiting the non-ideal victim
- Eleven Conceptualising victims of antisocial behaviour is far from ‘ideal’
- Twelve The ‘ideal’ rape victim and the elderly woman: a contradiction in terms?
- Thirteen Denying victim status to online fraud victims: the challenges of being a ‘non-ideal victim’
- Fourteen Male prisoners’ vulnerabilities and the ideal victim concept
- Fifteen A decade after Lynndie: non-ideal victims of non-ideal offenders – doubly anomalised, doubly invisibilised
- Sixteen Towards an inclusive victimology and a new understanding of public compassion to victims: from and beyond Christie’s ideal victim
Developments in critical victimology
- Revisiting the “Ideal Victim”
- Marian Duggan
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.