- Title Pages
- Notes on contributors
- Series editors’ preface
- One Introduction
- Part 1 Materialities
- Two Things and possessions
- Three Reinventing the nursing home: metaphors that design care
- Four The ever-breaking wave of everyday life: animating ageing movement-space
- Five What’s exotic about <i>The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel?</i> Cinema, everyday life and the materialisation of ageing
- Six Between ageing and ageism: portrayals of online dating in later life in Canadian print media
- Part 2 Embodiments
- Seven Closer to touch: sexuality, embodiment and masculinity in older men’s lives
- Eight Ageing bodies, driving and change: exploring older body–driver fit in the high-tech automobile
- Nine Dancing with dementia: citizenship, embodiment and everyday life in the context of long-term care
- Ten Why clothes matter: the role of dress in the everyday lives of older people
- Eleven Our Fitbits, our (ageing) selves: wearables, self-tracking and ageing embodiment
- Twelve Afterword. Relational entanglements: ageing, materialities and embodiments
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.