- Title Pages
- List of figures, tables and boxes
- List of abbreviations
- Notes on contributors
- One Introduction: meeting future challenges with past lessons
- Two Antipoverty transfers and zero extreme poverty targets
- Three Fragile and conflict-affected situations and the post-2015 development agenda
- Four The impact of the global financial crisis on Millennium Development Goal attainment in Africa
- Five Resource geographies in urban spaces: insights from developing countries in the post-2015 era
- Six The Millennium Development Goals, disability rights and special needs education in Ethiopia: a case study of the Oromiya region
- Seven Facing the global challenge of youth employment
- Eight Women’s role in economic development: overcoming the constraints
- Nine Marginalised minorities in conflict: women and Millennium Development Goals
- Ten Ideas from early childhood development approaches to contribute to Millennium Development Goals’ achievements in Latin America<sup>1</sup>
- Eleven Exploring the National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (NEEDS) as a micro-Millennium Development Goals’ framework in Nigeria
- Twelve Developmental crises affecting the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goal achievements in Bangladesh: a critical perspective
- Thirteen Between progress, stasis and reversals: an analysis of the Millennium Development Goals in Nigeria
- Fourteen North Africa and Middle East: economic performance and social progress
- Fifteen United Nations Millennium Development Goals (UN MDGs) and the Arab Spring: shedding light on the preludes?
- Sixteen Food security, inclusive growth, sustainability and the sustainable development agenda<sup>1</sup>
- Seventeen Outlook for global development finance: excess or shortage?
- Eighteen Conclusion
Meeting future challenges with past lessons
- Did the Millennium Development Goals Work?
- Hany Besada, Leah McMillan Polonenko, Manmohan Agarwal
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.