- Title Pages
- Cover illustration
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Residential child care
- Chapter 3 From boarding-out to foster care*
- Chapter 4 The evolution of landmark legislation*
- Chapter 5 Getting started with the Children Act 1948
- Chapter 6 Child care in the melting pot in the 1980s*
- Chapter 7 Trends, transitions and tensions
- Chapter 8 Reflections on the assessment of outcomes in child care*
- Chapter 9 The role and function of inquiries*
- Chapter 10 Evidence, judgement, values and engagement*
- Chapter 11 Emerging issues
- Change and continuity in children's services
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.