- Title Pages
- List of tables and figures
- Glossary of terms
- One Governance: the Police and Crime Commissioner and police accountability in context
- Two The psephology of the November 2012 election: motive, means and opportunity
- Three Is the law on my side? Relationships between the PCC and the chief police officer team
- Four Partners, colleagues or rivals for oversight? The (PCC) art of making friends and influencing people
- Five “Putting yourself about”: PCCs, the media and the public
- Six The debate with no end: PCCs’ remit and the problems of policing
- Seven “I wonder if the game is worth the candle”: PCCs, their ‘work–life balance’ and their future
- General summary
- Police and Crime Commissioners
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.