- Title Pages
- List of tables and figures
- Notes on contributors
- one Introduction
- two Principles, Poor Laws and welfare states
- three Welfare: what for?
- four Families, individuals and the state
- five Schools, financing and educational standards
- six Financing higher education: tax, graduate tax or loans?
- seven Quasi-markets in healthcare
- eight Social care: choice and control
- nine Neighbourhood renewal, mixed communities and social integration
- ten The restructuring of redistribution
- eleven Pensions, public opinion and policy
- twelve Distributing resources
- Appendix: Bibliography of Howard Glennerster's publications
- Making social policy work
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.