- Title Pages
- List of tables and figures
- List of Arabic words with English translations<sup>1</sup>
- List of abbreviations
- Map of the Middle East
- One Introduction: religion and social policy – an “old–new” partnership
- Two Religion and the foundations of social policy
- Three Lebanon: a profile of political and welfare institutions
- Four A philosophy of social service: faith or social insurance?
- Five Systems of provision and welfare outcomes: defining and treating the causes of poverty
- Six Social solidarity: between power and morality
- Seven Social ethics and welfare particularism
- Eight What next for the Middle East? Re-reading history, re-visioning future possibilities of positive action
- Appendix A: Lebanon country profile
- Appendix B: Social protection institutions and coverage
- Social welfare and religion in the Middle East
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.