- Title Pages
- List of tables and figures
- Notes on contributors
- One Introduction
- Two Progress in tackling health inequalities: a policy maker’s reflections
- Three Inequalities in mortality rates under New Labour
- Four Explaining inequalities in health: theoretical, conceptual and methodological agendas
- Five Inequalities in pregnancy and early years and the impact across the life course: progress and future challenges
- Six Inequalities and ethnicity: evidence and intervention
- Seven Housing conditions and health
- Eight Inequalities in food and nutrition: challenging ‘lifestyles’
- Nine Behaving badly? Smoking and the role of behaviour change in tackling health inequalities
- Ten Health inequalities and user involvement
- Eleven Gilding the ghetto again? Community development approaches to tackling health inequalities
- Twelve A new agenda for social work: tackling inequalities in physical health
- Thirteen Challenging health inequalities: themes and issues
- Challenging health inequalities
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.