- Title Pages
- List of tables and figures
- One Towards ‘citizen professionals’: contextualising professions and the state
- Part I Mapping change in comparative perspective
- Two Global models of restructuring health care: challenges of integration and coordination
- Three Remodelling a corporatist health system: change and conservative forces
- Four Drivers and enablers of change: exploring dynamics in Germany
- Part II Dynamics of new governance in the German health system
- Five Hybrid regulation: the rise of networks and managerialism
- Six Transformations of professionalism: permeable boundaries in a contested terrain
- Seven New actors enter the stage: the silent voices of consumers in the landscape of biomedicine
- Part III The rise of a new professionalism in late modernity
- Eight Professions and trust: new technologies of building trust in medical services
- Nine The knowledge–power knot in professionalism: transforming the ‘currency of competition’
- Ten Conclusion
- Appendix Research design of the empirical in-depth study
- Modernising health care
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.