- Title Pages
- List of figures and boxes
- A note on terminology
- One The rise and rise of participation
- Two Deliberation: towards an understanding of practice
- Three Setting up a Citizens Council
- Four Doing deliberation: the first Citizens Council meeting
- Five Better by design? Subsequent Citizens Councils
- Six Power, discursive styles and identities
- Seven Reactions, reflections and reworkings
- Eight Reframing citizen deliberation
- Nine New directions for policy and practice
- Appendix 1 Study design and methods
- Appendix 2 Members of the Citizens Council, 2002–05
- Appendix 3 Detailed agenda for the four Citizens Council meetings
- Appendix 4 National Institute for Clinical Excellence: background and developments
- Appendix 5 Key data sources
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.