- Title Pages
- List of tables and figures
- List of abbreviations
- one Introduction
- Two Mapping the territory: a brief historical overview
- Three Defining and measuring inequality and poverty
- Four Facing the greatest risk of poverty: who?
- Five Poverty and low living standards: effects and impacts
- Six Politics, globalisation and social security
- Seven The Fourth Labour government: 1984–90
- Eight National and National-led government: 1990–99<sup>1</sup>
- Nine The early 21st century: Labour-led developments
- Ten Social security: how social, how secure?
- Appendix A Items used in the calibration of the ELSI scale
- Appendix B Purpose of social security
- Poverty, policy and the state
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.