- Title Pages
- Notes on contributors
- One Social security and welfare reform under New Labour
- Two New Labour’s education policy: innovation or reinvention?
- Three Transforming the NHS: the story in 2004
- Four Housing in an ‘opportunity society’
- Five Personal Social Services
- Six Governance and social policy in Northern Ireland (1999–2004): the devolution years and postscript
- Seven At home abroad: the presidential election of 2004, the politics of American social policy and what European readers might make of these subjects
- Eight The future of healthcare in the UK: think-tanks and their policy prescriptions
- Nine Consumerism and the reform of public services: inequalities and instabilities
- Ten The challenges of measuring government output in the healthcare sector
- Eleven Social investment perspectives and practices: a decade in British politics1
- Twelve A rootless third way: a continental European perspective on New Labour’s welfare state, revisited
- Thirteen Welfare after Thatcherism: New Labour and social democratic politics
- Fourteen A progressive consensus in the making?
- Fifteen New Labour’s family policy
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.