- Title Pages
- List of tables and figures
- Notes on contributors
- One ‘Active’ citizenship: the new face of welfare
- Two The goals of social policy: context and change
- Three Which way for the European social model: minimum standards or social quality?
- Four The advent of a flexible life course and the reconfigurations of welfare
- Five Citizenship, unemployment and welfare policy
- Six Paradoxes of democracy: the dialectic of inclusion and exclusion
- Seven Citizenship and the activation of social protection: a comparative approach
- Eight The active society and activation policy: ideologies, contexts and effects
- Nine Individualising citizenship
- Ten Gender equality, citizenship and welfare state restructuring
- Eleven New forms of citizenship and social integration in European societies
- Twelve The outcomes of early retirement in Nordic countries
- Thirteen Early exit from the labour market, social exclusion and marginalisation in the UK
- Fourteen The emergence of social movements by social security claimants
- Fifteen Conclusion: policy change, welfare regimes and active citizenship
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.