- Title Pages
- Editors’ Preface
- List of acronyms
- List of contributors
- One Introducing evidence-based policy and practice in public services
- Two Evidence and the policy process
- Three Healthcare: evidence to the fore
- Four Education: realising the potential
- Five Criminal justice: using evidence to reduce crime
- Six Social care: rhetoric and reality
- Seven Welfare policy: tendering for evidence
- Eight Housing: linking theory and practice
- Nine Transport: beyond predict and provide
- Ten Urban policy: addressing wicked problems
- Eleven A strategic approach to research and development
- Twelve Debates on the role of experimentation
- Thirteen Non-experimental quantitative methods
- Fourteen Contributions from qualitative research
- Fifteen Making a reality of evidence-based practice
- Sixteen Learning from the past, prospects for the future
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.