- Title Pages
- List of figures
- Foreword by Lord Avebury
- Notes on contributors
- One Setting the context: Gypsies and Travellers in British society
- Two Accommodation needs and planning issues
- Three Gypsy and Traveller health
- Four Education, inclusion and government policy
- Five Gypsies and Travellers and social policy: marginality and insignificance. A case study of Gypsy and Traveller children in care
- Six Gypsies and Travellers: economic practices, social capital and embeddedness
- Seven Justice and empowerment
- Eight Recognising Gypsy, Roma and Traveller history and culture
- Nine Research with and for Gypsies, Roma and Travellers: combining policy, practice and community in action research
- Ten ‘Stamp on the Camps’: the social construction of Gypsies and Travellers in media and political debate
- Eleven EU framework for National Roma Integration Strategies: insights into empowerment and inclusive policy development
- Twelve Conclusion and next steps: inclusion, space and empowerment for Gypsies, Roma and Travellers?
- An Old Rom and his Son
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.