- Title Pages
- Notes on contributors
- Introduction: Advancing the dialogue on turning points
- One Unpacking biographical narratives: investigating stories of artistic careers in Northern Jutland, Denmark
- Two Turning points in the life course: a narrative concept in professional bifurcations
- Three Conjugal separation and immigration in the life course of immigrant single mothers in Québec
- Four Migration biography and ethnic identity: on the discontinuity of biographical experience and how turning points affect the ethnicisation of identity
- Five Biographical structuring through a critical life event: parental loss during childhood
- Six Decisive turning points in life trajectories of violence among young men in the <i>barrios</i> of Caracas: the initiation and biographical reconversion to non-violent lifestyles
- Seven The turning points of the single life course in Budapest, Hungary
- Eight Complicating actions and complicated lives: raising questions about narrative theory through an exploration of lesbian lives
- Nine Religious conversion as a biographical turn/ing: the case of Orthodox believers in contemporary Russia
- Ten Conclusion: theorising turning points and decoding narratives
- Biography and turning points in Europe and America
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.