- Title Pages
- List of figures and tables
- Notes on contributors
- One Varieties of crisis
- Two The economic crisis and paradigm change
- Three From financial crisis to fiscal crisis
- Four Credit crunch, inequality and social policy
- Five Global social policy responses to the economic crisis
- Six Poverty, the crisis and social policy responses in developing countries
- Seven South Korea after the 1997 economic crisis: a ‘paradigm shift’?
- Eight China's response to crisis: what role for social policy?
- Nine Tiptoeing through crisis? Re-evaluating the German social model in light of the global recession
- Ten Ireland and the impact of the economic crisis: upholding the dominant policy paradigm
- Eleven Waving not drowning: Iceland, kreppan and alternative social policy futures
- Twelve Experiences from two financial crises in the Nordic welfare states: 1990–93 and 2008–10 compared
- Thirteen Social policy and the recent economic crisis in Canada and the United States
- Fourteen From economic crisis to a new age of austerity: the UK
- Fifteen Responding to the challenges: some concluding remarks on welfare futures in changed circumstances
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.