- Title Pages
- List of figures and tables
- One Case studies in health policy: an introduction
- Two Case studies of the health policy process: a methodological introduction
- Part Two Creation, Consolidation and Disillusion (1948–1980s)
- Three NHS birthing pains
- Four Hospital policy in England and Wales: of what is the 1962 Hospital Plan a case?
- Five The case study as history: ‘Ideology, class and the National Health Service’ by Rudolf Klein
- Six Hospitals in trouble
- Seven Normal accidents: learning how to learn about safety
- Eight Repressed interests: explaining why patients and the public have little influence on healthcare policy: Alford's concepts of dominant, challenging and repressed interests
- Part Three ‘safe In Our Hands’: Conflicts and Challenges (1980s and 1990s)
- Nine The 1983 Griffiths Inquiry
- TenAids in the Uk: The making of policy, 1981–1994 (Berridge, 1996): a case-study in British health policy
- Eleven What the doctor ordered: the Audit Commission's case study of general practice fundholders
- Twelve Coping with uncertainty: Policy and politics in the National Health Service (Hunter, 1980)
- Thirteen Shaping strategic change: changing the way organisational change was researched in the NHS
- Part Four The new NHS? The NHS since the 1990s
- Fourteen Patient choice: a contemporary policy story
- Fifteen The individualisation of health: health surveillance, lifestyle control and public health
- Sixteen NHS confidential: Implementation, or … how great expectations in Whitehall are dashed in Stoke-on-trent
- Seventeen Implementing clinical guidelines: a case study of research in context
- Eighteen Accidental logics, Carolyn Hughes Tuohy's analysis of the English National Health Service internal market of the 1990s
- Nineteen Evidence and health inequalities: the Black, Acheson and Marmot Reports
- Twenty Policy learning from case studies in health policy: taking forward the debate
- Twenty-One Case studies in health policy: concluding remarks
Case study methods and analysis
- Shaping Health Policy
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.