- Title Pages
- Notes on contributors
- Introduction: From margin to mainstream
- Part One Introduction: user movements
- One Survivors History Group takes a critical look at historians
- Two The Nottingham Advocacy Group: a short history
- Three Building solidarity, ensuring diversity: lessons from service users' and disabled people's movements
- Four Service users and the third sector: opportunities, challenges and potentials in influencing the governance of public services
- Five The capacity, impact and challenge of service users' experiential knowledge
- Part One: User movements
- Part Two User involvement in services
- Six Collaboration in public services: can service users and staff participate together?
- Seven Changing patterns of service user involvement, 1990–2010
- Eight Looking out from the middle: influencing policy change through user involvement
- Nine Changing minds: unleashing the potential of mental health service users – a critical perspective on current models of service user involvement and their impact on wellbeing and ‘recovery’
- Ten Moving forward: understanding the negative experiences and impacts of patient and public involvement in health service planning, development and evaluation
- Part Two: User involvement in services
- Part Three User involvement in research
- Eleven Young mothers' experiential knowledge and the research process
- Twelve Involving young people in research: making an impact in public health
- Thirteen Projects through partnership: promoting participatory values throughout the research process
- Fourteen Involving older people in research: empowering engagement?
- Fifteen ‘Still out there?’ Is the service user voice becoming lost as user involvement moves into the mental health research mainstream?
- Sixteen Service user-led research in the NHS: wasting our time?
- Seventeen Should we? Could we? Measuring involvement
- Eighteen Evaluating the impact of public involvement on research
- Part Three: User involvement in research
- Conclusion: Critical and different perspectives on user involvement
- Critical Perspectives on User Involvement
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.