- Title Pages
- List of tables
- Notes on contributors
- A Nordic model of gender equality? Introduction
- One Woman-friendly policy paradoxes? Childcare policies and gender equality visions in Scandinavia
- Two The claim of economic citizenship: the concept of equality in a historical context
- Three Married women’s right to pay taxes: debates on gender, economic citizenship and tax law reform in Denmark, 1945–83
- Four Family policy between science and politics
- Five Academic discourse, social policy and the construction of new families
- Six The ‘new father’: gender equality as discursive resource for family policies
- Seven From powerful to powerless fathers: gender equality in Danish family policies on parenthood
- Eight Dilemmas of citizenship: tensions between gender equality and cultural diversity in the Danish welfare state
- Nine Women friendly? Understanding gendered racism in Sweden
- Ten Young women’s attitudes towards feminism and gender equality
- Eleven A Scandinavian feminist public sphere: discourses on feminism and gender equality
- Postscript Gender, citizenship and social justice in the Nordic welfare states: a view from the outside1
- Postscript Future research on gender equality in the Scandinavian countries
- Gender equality and welfare politics in Scandinavia
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.