- Title Pages
- List of figures, tables and boxes
- Notes on contributors
- one Introduction
- TWO Poverty, inequality and redistribution
- Three ‘A scar on the soul of Britain’: child poverty and disadvantage under New Labour
- FOUREducation: New Labour's top priority
- FIVEMore equal working lives? An assessment of New Labour policies
- SIXNew Labour and unequal neighbourhoods
- SEVEN Health inequalities: a persistent problem
- EIGHTPensions and income security in later life
- NINEEthnic inequalities: another 10 years of the same?
- TENMigration, migrants and inequality
- ELEVEN Moving in the right direction? Public attitudes to poverty, inequality and redistribution
- TWELVE Inequality and the devolved administrations: Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- THIRTEEN Poverty, inequality and child well-being in international context: still bottom of the pack?
- FOURTEEN The Equality and Human Rights Commission: a new point of departure in the battle against discrimination and disadvantage
- FIFTENFuture pressures: intergenerational links, wealth, demography and sustainability
- SIXTEN Conclusions: climbing every mountain or retreating from the foothills?
- Towards a more equal society?
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.