- Title Pages
- One Introduction – city survivors
- Two Neighbourhoods matter – is it the people or the place?
- Three Community matters – survival and instincts in social animals
- Four Families matter – mothers carry the weight
- Five Parenting matters – pushing for kids
- Six Incomers and locals – a shrinking pot?
- Seven City survival within precarious communities – who pays the price of change?
- Eight Conclusion – cities need families
- Appendix 1 Methods
- Appendix 2a Summary of characteristics of the 24 families whose stories we tell
- Appendix 2b Information about the 24 families whose stories we tell
- Appendix 3 Development of themes – round by round
- City survivors
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.