- Title Pages
- List of tables and figures
- Notes on contributors
- one Introduction: modernising the welfare state
- two The NHS after 10 years of New Labour
- three Housing policy: coming in and out of the cold?
- four Social security and welfare reform
- five Social care under Blair: are social care services more modern?
- six Education: from the comprehensive to the individual
- seven Controlling crime and disorder: the Labour legacy
- eight Social investment: the discourse and the dimensions of change
- nine Risk and the Blair legacy
- ten Going private?
- eleven Choice in public services: ‘no choice but to choose’
- twelve The conditional welfare state
- thirteen The stages of New Labour
- fourteen Social Democratic reforms of the welfare state: Germany and the UK compared
- fifteen Conclusion: the Blair legacy
- Modernising the welfare state
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.