- Title Pages
- List of tables and figures
- Foreword: The European Union's evolving social policy and national models – seeking a new balance
- List of abbreviations
- List of contributors
- One European Union developments and national social protection
- Two Germany: moving towards Europe but putting national autonomy first
- Three The United Kingdom: more an economic than a social European
- Four France: defending our model
- Five Italy: between indifference, exploitation and the construction of a national interest
- Six Poland: redefining social policies
- Seven Spain: starting from periphery, becoming centre
- Eight The Czech Republic: tradition compatible with modernisation?1
- Nine Finland: towards more proactive policies
- Ten The Netherlands: social and economic normalisation in an era of European Union controversy
- Eleven Denmark: from foot dragging to pace setting in European Union social policy
- Twelve Greece: the quest for national welfare expansion through more social Europe
- Thirteen The Europeanisation of social protection: domestic impacts and national responses
- Fourteen Seeking a new balance
- The Europeanisation of social protection
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.