- Title Pages
- List of figures
- Notes on contributors
- One Perspectives on play research: the practice-theory-research entanglement
- Two Nostalgia and play
- Three Debris and delight: children’s play during the second world war
- Four Adventure playgrounds and me: bringing the past into the auto-ethnographic present
- Five Dancing with strangers: observing play in an English urban square
- Six Researching children’s play and contemporary art
- Seven Play and value: determining the values of a nature play setting
- Eight Your space or mine? Play in out of school clubs
- Nine Co-creating spaces on an adventure playground: using participatory action research as an approach to continuing professional development
- Ten Children, mobile phones and outdoor play
- Eleven Understandings of play for children with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD)
- Twelve Therapeutic playwork: exploring playworkers’ perceptions of therapeutic playwork training and its usefulness in supporting children in afterschool clubs
- Thirteen Play, playwork and wellbeing
- Fourteen What do we want research in children’s play to do?
- Appendix The Playwork Principles
- Practice-based Research in Children's Play
- Wendy Russell, Stuart Lester, Hilary Smith
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.