- Title Pages
- Images, figures, maps and tables
- About the authors
- One Introducing the anthology
- Two ‘Empowerment’ as women’s emancipation? A global analysis of the empowerment paradigm and the influence of feminism in women’s NGOs1
- Three Se Non Ora Quando? (‘If not now, when?’) The birth, growth and challenges of a new voice within the feminist scenario in Italy
- Four Street harassment activism in the twenty-first century
- Five New gender-political impulses from Eastern Europe: the case of Pussy Riot
- Six How a feminist activist group builds its repertoire of actions: a case study
- Seven From feminist extravagance to citizen demand: the movement for abortion legalisation in Uruguay
- Eight Sustainability from the bottom up: women as change agents in the Niger Delta
- Nine A women’s NGO as an incubator: promoting identity-based associations in Nepalese civil society
- Ten Gender democracy and women’s self-empowerment: a case of Somali diaspora civil society
- Eleven The role of civil society organisations in emancipating Portuguese Roma women
- Twelve Breaking down dichotomies in the narratives of women’s activism in Morocco
- Thirteen Working within associations: recognition in the public space for women?
- Fourteen Flexible working practices in charities: supporting or hindering women’s emancipation in the workplace
- Fifteen Examining and contextualising Kenya’s Maendeleo ya Wanawake Organisation (MYWO) through an African feminist lens
- Sixteen Organising for emancipation/emancipating organisations?
Challenging or maintaining the status quo?
- Women's Emancipation and Civil Society Organisations
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.