- Title Pages
- Series Editors’ Preface
- Notes on contributors
- One Class, inequality and community development: editorial introduction
- Two Competing concepts of class: implications and applications for community development
- Three Community development in the UK: whatever happened to class? A historical analysis
- Four Working-class communities and ecology: reframing environmental justice around the Ilva steel plant in Taranto (Apulia, Italy)
- Five Race, class and green jobs in low-income communities in the US: challenges for community development
- Six Community development practice in India: Interrogating caste and common sense
- Seven The impact of gender, race and class on women’s political participation in post-apartheid South Africa: challenges for community development
- Eight What happens when community organisers move into government? Recent experience in Bolivia
- Nine Community development: (un) fulfilled hopes for social equality in Poland
- Ten Rural–urban alliances for community development through land reform from below
- Eleven Reconciling participation and power in international development: a case study
- Twelve Transformative education and community development: sharing learning to challenge inequality
- Thirteen Community development and class in the context of an East Asian productivist welfare regime
- Fourteen Community organising for social change: the scope for class politics
- Concluding Chapter Community unionism: looking backwards, looking forwards
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.