- Title Pages
- List of figures and boxes
- Notes on contributors
- One The context for a social model of alcohol use
- Two Alcohol and moral regulation in historical context
- Three Normalisation of hedonism? Challenging convergence culture through ethnographic studies of alcohol consumption by young adults – a feminist exploration
- Four Alcohol, young women’s culture and gender hierarchies
- Five Domestic abuse and women’s use of alcohol
- Six Older women and alcohol
- Seven The silences in our dance
- Eight A drink in my hand
- Nine Been there, seen that, done it! An auto-ethnographic narrative account of alcohol use
- Ten The right ‘space’ for women
- Eleven Responding to women’s alcohol problems through adult community learning provision
- Twelve What alcohol support women say they need
- Thirteen The social model in alcohol treatment services
- Subject index
- Author index
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.