- Title Pages
- Notes on contributors
- One Student-led services
- Two International placements: learning from a distance
- Three The outside looking in: an independent social worker’s experience of practice educator work
- Four ‘Do you have to be white to pass this course?’ Developing support for black and minority ethnic students in a predominantly white area
- Five Men in social work education: building a gendered alliance
- Six Hidden in plain sight: use of an arts-based method for critical reflection
- Seven Getting our hands dirty: reconnecting social work education as if the earth matters
- Eight Social media for students in practice
- Nine Developing placement capacity in the third sector
- Ten Observations of student practice: what difference does observer qualification make?
- Eleven Filling the gap: constructive responses to the erosion of training standards for practice educators
- Twelve The concept of integrity in relation to failing and marginal students
- Thirteen Cultivating discretion: social work education in practice and the academy
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.