- Title Pages
- List of tables and figures
- List of acronyms
- Note on author
- Preface: A post-Brexit Preface
- Introduction: Young people’s lives at university in crisis
- Part 1: University for all? How higher education shapes inequality among young people
- One Social consequences of mass access in Europe
- Two How welfare influences the lives of young people in university
- Three Beyond differences? Determinants of inequality among European young people in university
- Part 2: Exploring the inequality of university lives in England, Italy and Sweden
- Four Investigating young people’s semi‑dependence during university
- Five The different profiles of young people’s experiences in university
- Six Explaining inequality: the role of social origins and welfare sources
- Part 3: The ‘eternal transition’: young adults and semi-dependence in university
- Seven The family: saviour or ‘inequaliser’?
- Eight The labour market contradiction: a precarious form of dependence
- Nine State: generous, conditional or absent?
- Conclusion: Addressing growing inequality among young people in university
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.