- Title Pages
- List of figures and tables
- Contributor biographies
- One Towards a new progressive policy agenda
- Two Neoliberalism, the culture wars and public policy
- Three Macroeconomic policy after the Global Financial Crisis
- Four Putting together work and care in Australia: time for a new settlement?
- Five Welfare reform
- Six ‘Choice’ and ‘fairness’: the hollow core in industrial relations policy
- Seven Indigenous policy: Canberra consensus on a neoliberal project of improvement
- Eight Culture and diversity
- Nine The business of care: Australia’s experiment with the marketisation of childcare
- Ten Mixed messages in the new politics of education
- Eleven The accidental logic of health policy in Australia
- Twelve Loose moorings: debate and directions in Australian housing policy
- Thirteen Population policy
- Fourteen Australian cities: in pursuit of a national urban policy
- Fifteen Natural resource management: steering not rowing against the current in the Murray-Darling Basin
- Sixteen International perspectives: low carbon urban Australia in a time of transition
- Seventeen Politics and government
- Eighteen Federalism and intergovernmental relations
- Nineteen Citizen engagement in Australian policy making
- Twenty On escaping neoliberalism: concluding reflections
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.