- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- Structure of the Book
- About the Author
- Chapter 1 Imagine …
- Chapter 2 How Did We Get to Where We Are Now?27
- Chapter 3 Why Do Some Reform Proposals Succeed, and Some Fail?
- Chapter 4 How Might We Implement a Citizen's Income?
- Chapter 5 Has It Ever Happened?
- Chapter 6 Criteria for a Benefits System: Coherence and Administrative Simplicity
- Chapter 7 Criteria for a Benefits System: The Family, Then, Now, and in the Future
- Chapter 8 Criteria for a Benefits System: Incentives, Efficiency, and Dignity
- Chapter 9 Criteria for a Benefits System: The Labour Market, Then, Now, and in the Future
- Chapter 10 Would People Work?
- Chapter 11 Would a Citizen's Income be an Answer to Poverty, Inequality, and Injustice?
- Chapter 12 Who Should Receive a Citizen's Income?485
- Chapter 13 Is a Citizen's Income Politically Feasible?558
- Chapter 14 Can We Afford a Citizen's Income?
- Chapter 15 Alternatives to a Citizen's Income
- Chapter 16 What Can a Citizen's Income Not Cope With?
- Chapter 17 A Brief Summary717
- Select Bibliography
- Names Index
- Subject Index
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.