- Title Pages
- List of contributors
- Introduction to Part One
- One Café scientifique and the art of engaging publics
- Two Social science in the city™: reflections on public engagement
- Introduction to Part Two
- Three ‘Grab and go’: some sociological musings on the 2011 ‘disturbances’
- Four 1976–the moral necessity of austerity
- Five The Occupy movement
- Six ‘Brave new world’: how will the government respond to the social care challenge of an ageing population?
- Seven Road wars: contesting paradigms of road safety, public space and well-being
- Eight Restorative justice, community action and public protection
- Nine Chew ‘em up or throw ‘em up? Disorganised responses to interpersonal(ity) disorder and social disease
- Ten Resilience
- Introduction to Part Three
- Eleven Social Science And Severely Troubled Children –Working In Partnership, Working In And On Relationship
- Twelve The Professional Impact of Social Science In The City™
- Thirteen Sharing worlds: managing complex community relationships in challenging times
- Fourteen Talking About Personal Experience and Its Relationship to Social Inequality Across the Generations
- Fifteen Social research, community engagement and learning through partnerships: a collaborative project
- Sixteen A Student's Reflections on Engaging in Social Science
- Conclusions: Managing Public Engagement
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.