- Title Pages
- List of figures and tables
- Notes on contributors
- ONE Social policy language in Denmark and Sweden
- TWO The changing language of social policy in Hungary and Poland
- THREE Languages of ‘social policy’at ‘the EU level’
- FOUR The OECD’s search for a new social policy language
- FIVE The discursive power of international organisations
- SIX Original and imitated or elusive and limited? Towards a genealogy of the welfare state idea in Britain
- SEVEN Social policy concepts and language in France
- EIGHT The language of social politics in Finland
- NINE Germany
- TEN Conceptual development of welfare and social policy in Japan
- ELEVEN Transition to the ‘universal' welfare state
- TWELVE The Dutch ‘caring state’
- THIRTEEN Panacea, problem or perish
- FOURTEEN Evolving social policy languages in Spain
- FIFTEEN Social policy language in the United States
Comparative and transnational perspectives
- Analysing social policy concepts and language
- Policy Press
Policy Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.